Sunday, August 14, 2022

Kiki baby

29th August 2020

Sitting in the living room right beside Kiki's bed, the night is ticking away and so is Kiki's time on earth. The past few days/weeks have been a rollercoaster ride for both me and my family. Waking up every single day, the first thing is to check on Kiki's condition, if she pooped or peed on herself, and cleaning up after her. Force-feeding her milk because she just didn't want to eat (and now drink). It is IMO the torturous experience I've ever been in because she literally my baby. 

The first time I met Kiki was in 2004, which is a whopping 16 years ago. That is literally 3/4 of my life spent with this doggo. I potty trained her ass, taught her how to climb the stairs as a baby, taught her tricks like bang!! (though she always tryna cheat me by half-assing her bang trick but it's ok I love her more for that). Gonna be honest, Kiki taught me more than what I taught her, You might think what can a dog teach you right? Unconditional love and patience


----

14 Aug 2022



Unfortunately, as I was writing that blog, Kiki passed away with me by her side on 29th August 2020 at 10:40PM. It took me quite some time to come back and finish up this post, apart from trying to accept that she's really gone, maybe I'm just trying to avoid feeling the sadness..? 

Recalling the night before she passed, I was sitting on the floor in the living room and she came to me weakly. It feels like a bid goodbye, perhaps, she already knew that her time was running up and giving me the last TLC she could. I was playing the song 专属天使 (Guardian Angel) then, and now i'm wondering if my guardian angel bb is doing fine in the land of happiness.


I love you forever and more, and indeed there isn't a day I don't miss you. People tell me all the time that time will heal, but all it did do is let tears not fall that easily anymore. Miss you my bao bao.









    
    

No comments: