Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Gap Year




I've realised that I have been starting every blog post with "wow it's been so long", "wow it's been 6 months", "wow it's been a year" and that is not going to change as of now.
Wow it's been a year since I've graduated from Singapore Polytechnic!
Dead ass felt like it was just yesterday when i joined SP and now i'm about to enter another phase of my life.  If you're here, I'm guessing you are following my spam account and probably know that I've been accepted into SMU *screams* This is going to really cringeworthy but SMU is like dream school. *still screaming*. Honestly have no idea if this perception is going to change when i enter but as of now just let me be hApPy.

Here's 5 little milestones/happening in my life for the past 1/2 year when i'm missing from blogspot:


1. GRADUATED
Yes, previous post is pretty much a dedication post for everyone who's been part of my poly life but I didn't really write about my graduation (probably because i wrote that before the grad ceremony). It's pretty cool to catch all your friends back in school, probably the last day you'll get to see everyone together again. It was a cloudy morning, probably God knows in the midst of this celebratory event, it actually marks the day of separation. 

All in all, great day to be catching up with everyone else and really happy to be seeing everyone who have been really supportive of me there during the ceremony to celebrate this milestone with me! 




2. TWENTY ONE
And yes, this Xiao Mei Mei is now twenty one now! (actually turning 22 soon ugh)
Always thought about how my 21st birthday will be like, would it be boring as usual or am i going to make it a "huge" one for memory sake. Decided to go with a really chill birthday party, serving pizzas with beers. Booked a room in Goodwood Park Hotel, all's good except that it wasn't meant for gatherings so I was constantly "chased" by the management to lower the volume/chase my guest out. 




3. BANDWAGON
Joined Bandwagon as an intern for the gap year and learnt a great deal of stuff. (not being sarcastic in case you're thinking that I am). First week into joining, I was invited to attend Shawn Mendes' concert in Singapore. I'm like SIGN ME THE FUCK UP????? Ok kidding I didn't say that. 

Attended so many concert under the name of Bandwagon, and come to know so many talented artiste too. My current blog song at the side is a song from Mac Ayres and I love his vocals and music style so much? Before I joined Bandwagon, my knowledge of music is just the scrap and surface, but now I can safely say that I am now more knowledgeable and informed.


4. TRAVELED
Actually traveled to quite a number of places after graduation. Went to Taiwan with my Fam, HongKong with Amelia & Chanel, Phuket + Bangkok with Shelly and co. Of all places, I must say Taiwan is the best of all?! Love the weather, the food, the people, the company and everything about it! Missing my beef cubes and chilly weather : - (

Watch my journey in Taiwan here: 


5. CONCERTS
Like i mentioned earlier, I've went to tons of concerts this year and these few are the highlights!!!

One of my favourite boi, Danny was in Singapore on March. Managed to cop a ticket to one of his 3 shows in Singapore. Was very much into the show that I didn't managed to shot any good videos (no regrets tho). Watching all the fancams of his concert on Youtube and i'm like ded... bring me back!



Another highlight is to finally catch FKJ live?!?! Missed him the other time round and this time managed to get a free ticket under Bandwagon. Not to forget that I caught Masego live last year too. AAAA DREAMS COME TRUE.



Hopefully, I'll come around another time (which is not a year later) HAHA
Cyaz

No comments: